Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Money and Wisconsin

 As I reflect on the Wisconsin election last night... I can't help but think of the wise words of my Great Grandma Walker: "Money can't talk but it sure can whistle."
I also fall back on when I was a kid and I screwed up - My father always said the same two things. First, he'd look to my little sister and say, "This is your free at home learning experience, when you get older, you don't have to do the same dumb thing." Then, he tell me to square my shoulders, remind me that it was over, and point me forward saying, "It doesn't matter what you already did, it matters what you do n
ext."
I think that this is sound advice to America tonight, as we disdainfully watch Scott Walker buy his governorship with dirty GOP money. Now is the time to look at other states and other elections; and say, "Hey guys, look at Wisconsin. This is our free at home learning experience. We don't have to make the same dumb mistake in our states this fall." Now is the time for Wisconsin and the entire nation to remember that we can't fix what is already done, what matters is what we do next.
As my article says, don't be bought twice, "When November’s elections roll around, let the rally cry be, “Remember Wisconsin. Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me.”
Walker is the biggest mistake we can afford to make. Repeating it with Romney would be disgraceful.

No comments: